OpenAI released ChatGPT on the 30th November 2022 and a lot has been said about it since then. Its impact is felt across industries, not just tech, and expectations for such a powerful language model are high from day one.
ChatGPT proved to be incredibly helpful when applied across a wide range of scenarios and a number of companies have identified relevant opportunities in ChatGPT, and are looking for ways to apply it to their own technologies – that’s what we did at Automaise.
Automaise Customer Assistant + ChatGPT
ChatGPT, as a tool, can be integrated with an industry specific virtual assistant by using it as a component for natural language understanding and generation.
The industry specific virtual assistant handle the task-specific logic and decision making, while ChatGPT is in charge of the language-related tasks such as understanding the user’s intent and generating appropriate responses.
We share a key concern: the responsible use of AI
Automaise is part of the biggest “Consortium for Responsible AI” in the world – which is dedicated to promote and stimulate the responsible use of AI.
An interesting and multidisciplinary group of organizations and research centers united to give origin to this consortium that is working on more than 20 new products that are going to regulate and support the responsible use of AI worldwide, with a substantial global investment of 78 million€.
The responsible use of AI is key for Automaise and for that reason we make sure to collaborate only with organizations that share this same concern.
OpenAI, the creators of ChatGPT, has a set of principles for responsible AI which include:
- Being transparent about the model’s capabilities and limitations;
- Being mindful of the potential biases in the data used to train the model;
- Taking steps to mitigate any negative impacts that the model’s predictions or decisions may have on society;
- Provide guidelines and best practices for the use of the model, which could help the users to use the model responsibly;
- Count on a dedicated Ethics & Society team that focuses on understanding and addressing the societal implications of AI.
In conclusion, the responsible use and development of AI is a critical aspect of the technology. Organizations like OpenAI and Automaise are taking the necessary steps to ensure that it is used ethically and responsibly.